Thursday, July 11, 2013

Justice League #22 Review (Spoiler Free)



For those of you who don't know, DC Comics has started a huge 6 part event called "Trinity War" written by Geoff Johns crossing over between three titles: Justice League, Justice League of America, and Justice League Dark. Justice League #22 is part one of the event and it is an amazing start.
I only read Justice League on a month basis so I'll have to pick up the other titles to read the whole event but I don't mind. One thing that I'm not sure about is the fact that I'm not real familiar with a lot of the characters in the DC Universe outside of the big names but so far it doesn't seem to matter. I'm sure I'll have to do some research on a few characters to know their powers and all but that only stretches my comic book knowledge.
I already knew that Geoff Johns was an amazing writer but he really stepped it up here. Not only is the story fantastic but the flow and the smoothness of the story worked perfect. 
The book starts very interestingly and you're basically watching what is happening through someone else's perspective. It jumps around a lot to tie a lot together but is done amazingly by Geoff Johns. There is a lot of dialog for most of the book and I was wondering at one point if there is going to be an action but the last quarter to third of the book it really delivers. I was pretty shock at what happened and how fast the event went the direction it did. It just hooks you so hard.
The art is amazing in this book as well. With all the characters and different scenes, the art truly delivers. There are a few full page and half page panels I just stared at for a few minutes to take it all in. There are so many details and colors that I found myself getting lost in the art. 
This event advertises that it's the good guys fighting the good guys but there is so much evil in the background controlling the events taking place and the Justice Leaguers don't know it yet. How far will it go before they realize other powers are at work? How many casualties will we they have? Who is behind all the madness?

Here is a check list of all the titles involved in Trinity War if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment