Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fantasy Football Superhero Draft




Well football season is upon us and as usual, fantasy football is a hot topic. This year I ended up in three fantasy football leagues which my wife may not be to thrilled about. But all this fantasy football talk got me thinking "What if we drafted superheroes and what position would they play?" So I've come up with two teams, a Marvel team and a DC team and put them in positions I think they would best in. I'll break it down my position and who I feel would be best in those positions. 

Quarterback
The quarterback position has to have the best leader and the one that can think on his feet the quickest. For my Marvel team I pick Captain America and for DC I pick Batman. Both are exceptional at making quick last second decisions and making changes if they need to. They both would be great at reading defenses and calling audibles if they felt the need. I think Cap would be a better mobile quarterback and be able to allude tacklers better than Batman though. And well, although Batman is good with a batarang, Cap is use to trowing his shield with skill and accuracy. 

Running Back

Most fantasy teams have two running backs. You need to have a big strong tough runner who could break tackles and not go down easy. For my DC team I would definitely pick Superman for his pure power and strength and second could go a few ways but Hawkman would be my choice. Hawkman is a tough dude and will get the job done. 
For my Marvel team, these two picks are easy. The Hulk and Thor. I couldn't imagine anyone trying to stop these two coming out of the back field. If there wasn't a hole to run through they would make one. 


Wide Receiver
Like the running backs, I'll pick two for this position. For my Marvel team I'd first go with Spider-Man first because of his quickness and agility. Plus he could use his webs to catch the ball. And second I'd go with Iron Man. He could propel him self to anywhere on the field rather quickly and if the defender tried to block him at the line of scrimmage he would just take him out. If Iron Man didn't work out I might would go with Nightcrawler or Mr. Fantastic for obvious reasons.
My DC picks are a lot easier. First, I'd for sure pick The Flash. With his speed he would be waiting on the ball to get to him. And my second pick would be Wonder Woman. She would be awesome at slot receiver. She is smart and could run any route and easily make adjustments on the field. She's fast and strong and would fight for those extra yards. 

Tight End
Most fantasy leagues only have one tight end so we'll follow suit with this too. This is a tough one. You can look at this in different ways but I think for my DC pick I would go with Martian Manhunter. He is big and tough and he would would be a big target to throw to. Plus as a blocker he would be unstoppable. 
My Marvel pick would be Wolverine. He might get penalized to much but he's as tough as they come and you know he won't miss a play.

Kicker 
As far as kickers go, this is a no brainier. Marvel would be Hawkeye and DC would be Green Arrow. Now I don't know how good they are with their feet but I know they would have the accuracy. 



Defense
Now in fantasy football you choose a defense for one team and the points are based on how well they do. For my defense teams I'll just choose five heroes that I haven't chosen already to make up the defense. Let's start with my five DC picks. I'll go with Green Lantern, Shazam (or Captain Marvel), Red Tornado, Aquaman, and Power Girl. As far as my Marvel picks I'd go with The Thing, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Beast, and She-Hulk.

So that's my fantasy superhero teams. There are a lot of heroes but I tried to stay with the more well known ones. Looking back at each team I think DC may have an edge but maybe not. I know there is an argument for most of the picks but just like fantasy football, it's all for fun. . Tell me what you think. What would you change?




No comments:

Post a Comment