Monday, February 2, 2015

Superheroes I Want to See on Film

This blog is a followup to my last blog: Villains I Want to See on Film. I figured if I did one on villains I need to do one with superheroes. Now this list would have been a lot different a few months ago before Marvel and DC announced all the movies they plan on doing. I made this list based on heroes that we have not seen and have not been officially announced for upcoming movies. These heroes are the ones I want to see and realistically could see making it onto the big screen. 
(In no particular order....)



Cable
Cable maybe one of the most popular X-Men not to have made it to the big screen besides Gambit. Although, we know Gambit is getting his own solo movie soon. Cable is one of those complex characters that you just can't throw into a story like most of the X-Men. His origins is unique and has time travel involved in it. They would probably have to make a movie around him but I think it has a lot of potential if they ever want to go in that direction.


Nightwing
I don't know why they have not tried to do something with Nightwing on film yet. Maybe he isn't as popular as I thought. I guess if you are going to do a Batman character then just do Batman. But why not do both in one film? I would love to see Nightwing in a movie and do the New 52 red suit. I liked that one better than the blue. If not Nightwing how about Batman Beyond?





Moon Knight
Some people say Moon Knight is just like Batman but in the Marvel Universe he's definitely different. He has a cool origins story and he would look cool on film. He's an awesome fighter and I would like to see him go head to head with someone like Taskmaster (who should have been on my villains list). I don't know how well he would fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe but I loved to see them try.

John Stewart (Green Lantern)
For those of us who did most of our growing up in the 90's, we remember John Stewart as Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoon. DC should not be scared of trying to do another Green Lantern movie even though the Ryan Reynolds' one wasn't very good. Even if they just want to introduce him in a Justice League movie first, Green Lantern should be John Stewart. He's a great character that deserves a shot.



Richard Ryder (Nova)
I really wish Marvel would do a Nova movie with Richard Ryder. I wasn't really impressed with the way they did the Nova Corp. in Guardian's of the Galaxy but it was good for the story. I wish they would do a more super powered Nova and Richard Ryder star in the film. I still have hope that he may show up in Guardian's of the Galaxy 2 or maybe Captain Marvel, but rumor is they aren't going to do anything with him.



Metal Men
Metal Men is sort of my cheat for this list because it's more of a team. I've only read a small story of them in the New 52 but I thought they were great. You have five different androids that are made of different metals and their sole purpose is to help people. Each has a totally different personality and look. This one may be a long shot but I would be excited to see these guys in a movie.




She-Hulk

She-Hulk is a character that I think will show up somewhere eventually. I think she would fit in more on a Netflix show or something but she's too great of a character not to use. She's a smart female who kicks bad guys butts.... what else do you want?





Hawkgirl
Although I would not mind seeing Hawkman, I'd rather see Hawkgirl in a movie. With an over saturation of male superheroes on film, they need another strong female superhero to mix things up. She's a tough intimidating character that's very different from the typical superheroes. I don't think she could carry her own movie but she'd be a great addition to a DC film.



Namor the Sub Mariner 

A Namor movie would be one of my top choices of movies not announced yet. Namor's been around since the 40's and was one of the first superheroes Marvel Comics introduced. Although he's had big ties to Fantastic Four and is part of the X-Men, apparently Universal has the rights to Namor currently. Marvel could still make a Namor movie but instead of being under Disney it would fall under Universal and I would imagine Disney would not allow that to happen.

Martian Manhunter
Please, somewhere DC has to put Martian Manhunter in its cinematic universe. I'm sure there is a bigger risk involved with him because of his look and powers and origins but he's such an awesome character. Martian Manhunter is one of the coolest heroes DC has and it would be a shame for them not to put him in a movie. What's the Justice League without Martian Manhunter anyway? That's my biggest complaint about the current New 52 run of Justice League. They have replaced him with Cyborg. Although Jeff Johns has made Cyborg pretty cool and I've enjoyed him, I want more Martain Manhunter.

There it is. The ten superheroes I want to see in a movie and sooner than later. Maybe a few are a stretch but with such a high demand for great superhero movies they should give these heroes a chance. Tell me what you think. Who do you think we will see first? Did I leave off any big names? Who's your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment